The Treatment Process
There’s no need to be nervous when you arrive at our clinic for your treatment – you are about to do something amazing and we will make sure it’s a day to remember for all the right reasons
Arriving at our Harley Street clinic
From the moment you step through the door our patient support team will do everything they can to ensure you feel relaxed, confident and reassured that you know what’s going to happen at each stage of the process.
• Bring a friend to watch - if you have brought a companion with you they will be able to watch through the glass of our operating theatre whilst you have your treatment – it’s the next best thing to having someone there to hold your hand.
No other clinic offers this opportunity for reassurance and support from a loved one.
• Travelling from outside London? – for those patients who are travelling from outside the M25 we offer the added benefit of a free night’s accommodation for two in a luxury hotel close to our clinic. Depending on what time of day your procedure is, you can choose whether you stay the night before or after your treatment. Either way, this valuable added extra will help make your day special and as stress-free as possible. No other eye treatment clinic takes such good care of you.
You’re ready for treatment
• Step-by-step explanation - when you are comfortably lying down in the operating theatre your surgeon will talk you through every stage of the procedure so that you know exactly what to expect. He’ll explain that it doesn’t matter if you cough or blink because the highly sophisticated techniques we use are designed to react and adjust to every minute movement.
• Needle-free, painless and quick – all our treatments use painless anaesthetic drops to numb your eyes. It may feel a little strange but it won’t hurt at all. The drops quickly take effect and the procedure will begin. All you will see is a flashing light. Laser treatment on both eyes is very quick and within 25 minutes it will all be over.
The healing process begins
• Immediate results – when treatment is complete you are encouraged to take your time before getting up. However, as soon as you open your eyes you will be amazed at the immediate difference in your vision. Your sight will be a little hazy but because eyes are very quick to heal the recovery process has already begun.
• Getting home - as your sight will be a little blurry we advise against driving home and recommend you bring sunglasses with you as your eyes may be sensitive to light. However, as soon as you feel ready you are free to leave the clinic and return home – it’s as simple as that.
• Protecting your eyes while they heal – you will be given a protective shield or goggles to wear at night for about a week to prevent you from rubbing your eyes. A common and completely normal after effect of laser treatment is dryness of the eyes so you will also be given lubricating drops to ease any discomfort until the healing process is complete.
• Resuming your normal routine – after just 24 hours your vision will have improved considerably and most patients can be back at work and behind the wheel after just two days – recovery really is that quick. However, we do recommend that you avoid wearing make-up for up to one week, that you steer clear of dusty or smoky environments and stay out of the swimming pool for three weeks.
Caring for you after your treatment
• 24 hour care - all patients are provided with a 24-hour emergency line direct to their surgeon. If you have any problems we urge you to contact us immediately.
• 12 months aftercare – for the year following your treatment you will visit us for regular check-ups. The first check takes place the day after your treatment followed by appointments at one, three, six and 12 month intervals. After that you are discharged from our care – although we always want to hear from you in the future should you have any concerns or simply want to keep in touch.
• Nationwide aftercare – if you find it more convenient, you can have your aftercare checks at one of our optometrist partners via our unique nationwide network.
of patients achieve driving standard eyesight
operations performed by our
of patients achieve 20/20 vision or better
Advanced Vision Careare rated 623 independent reviews out of 5 based on